We have a very important meeting tomorrow, the GMM we were to have Saturday.
I will be at the garden between 3:30 and 4 tomorrow. We will have a regular
work day from 4 to about 5:30, when we will have the GMM. If you haven’t
completed the survey, please take two minutes and do so before tomorrow
morning. Also, please continue to bring food scraps (veggies and fruits) and
coffee grounds to compost, as well as a liter or two of water. We have lots of
stuff to plant tomorrow, and we’ll use the GMM to break up the work day. If you
can’t come before the meeting, please come FOR THE MEETING at 5:30.
Here is the TENTATIVE agenda for tomorrow.
GMM 29 April 5:30 pm
1. Blog and survey (preliminary results)
2. vision for the garden [groups and promoting a high level of collective
ownership through wider opportunities for participation]
3. constitutional issues [change membership wording and fees, Articles III and
4. purchasing and planting update [list will be posted today and I will
circulate list at GMM]
5. soil testing update
6. water tank update
7. major projects and new GM committees:
–mapping the garden
–social event coordinating
8. listserv [should it be limited to Maloca members?]
9. individual plots [interest]
10. joining the garden officially [signing people up]
N.B. Please review KAtie’s blog post of 2 april “Our Old Constitution” and be sure to
read her comment. This is very important for voting tomorrow.
For those that could not come last Saturday, I will post the etiquette here
on the blog and on the listserv, later today.
See you all tomorrow!