WHAT: This is our first big outside event of the spring – we’ll have lots to plant, eat and talk about! We’ll have many garden activities, a potluck meal, and our first General Membership Meeting.
WHEN: THIS SATURDAY – APRIL 26 from 1pm to 5pm (If it rains, we’ll meet the following Tuesday)
WHERE: Maloca Community Garden @ York University
See our map https://malocagarden.wordpress.com/map/
WHO: EVERYONE! Members, potential members, and anyone else interested in getting outside and sharing delicious food – there is no cost to attend!
Planting: Beets, Carrots, Onions, Parsnip, Chard, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Turnip, Cabbage…
Other Possible Activities: Cold Frames, Sign Painting, Garden Mapping, Pest Deterrents
We like to build community through growing food and sharing food. It will hopefully be our first of many potlucks this garden season.
If you are able, please bring a food item to share. Don’t worry if you can’t – we always end up with too much!
Please use the comment feature below to share what you can bring and let everyone know of any dietary considerations (allergies, vegetarian, vegan, etc.)
And if you have some extra dishes/cutlery/cups bring them along to help reduce our waste at this event
First General Membership Meeting
We’ll talk about a lot of things, including:
- Welcome to Maloca – an overview of how the garden works
- Introducing the 2008 Steering Committee
- Updates from the Steering Committee and sub-committees
- Constitution – an overview of Maloca’s outdated constitution, how to make amendments, and proposed changes
- A Vision of Maloca 2008 – what to grow this season, where financial resources should be directed, what activities should be planned, etc.
A full agenda will be distributed via the e-mail list and will be available at the meeting. And if you can’t make it, minutes will be posted on our blog.